I have never trusted technology. I am not technologically inept, I just naturally don't rely upon it or get addicted to it. So, because of this, no one can ever reach me on my cellphone. I've only had one for a year and a half. There is abundant evidence on my phone accounting for my sparse cellular use, however, I have chosen to give you only a few pictures of my recent technological neglects. Living away from home, I do need my cell phone to keep in touch with family and friends, but honestly on an average basis my phone stays in my room, and is used for maybe fifteen minutes everyother day. It isn't hard for me to be without it because I despise it, however, my parents do get upset with me when I don't return their calls for five days. The longest I've not used my cell phone was over this past winter break. I used it three times. My phone records say otherwise, but that's only because my parents stole my phone when theirs went dead. I just don't believe on relying so heavily on technology.
173hours, 51 minutes without using my cell
5+ days without a cell phone



This is very interesting to me. I constantly keep my cell phone with me whether I'm going to make a call or not it just makes me feel more secure. I use my phone as my alarm clock in the morning because I am worried that there will be a power outtage and I will wake up late. I guess I am the opposite of morgan because I do trust in my technology. Being away from my cell phone for the normal time of the lab was hard for me. I keep in touch with my family and friends form home that way. I can't really imagine 5 days with out it.
ReplyDelete-Lindsey
I think it's wonderful that you don't use your cell phone. Why do you have it? Did your folks make you get it? I wonder if we are slaves or masters when it comes to cell phones (and technology in general). Clearly, your phone is not controlling you.
ReplyDelete